Cape Town Day Tours by Cape Tours by Design
Do you want extra special experiences when visiting Cape Town, the Winelands and South Africa?
Get the essence of Cape Town with Cape by Design Tours, as we take you to fascinating places both on and off the beaten track.
On our famous Food and Wine Tours you discover authentic Cape Cuisine and Wine, diverse cultures and vibrant history.
- Are you looking to see African Penguins, go Whale Watching, Mountain- Hiking or Shark Cage Diving?
- Do you want to enjoy the natural beauty of the Cape Peninsula’s flora and fauna?
- Take in a One Day Safari near to Cape Town?
- Have Fun Family Friendly tours which all ages can enjoy?
- See vibrant Township Life with visits to a Traditional Healer or a Shebeen?
We offer day trips and longer tours around Cape Town, the Cape Peninsula, Winelands, the Garden Route, Klein Karoo and Kruger National Park.
Our tours are tailor-made and exclusive to you, but our prices are realistic!
What you will experience with Cape by Design Tours:
- Customised packages that offer unique insights into the diversity of our people, history and culture.
- Fun, safe and affordable tour options for Woman Travellers.
- Tours specially designed and guided by passionate South Africans.
- Personal service with close attention to our clients’ needs.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR TOURS:
FULL Day CAPE PENINSULA Tour
An ideal way to see the highlights and appreciate the surrounding natural beauty of the Cape Peninsula
- At 9 am we pick you up at your lodging in the CAPE TOWN CITY BOWL, WATERFRONT or close by areas.
- You’ll travel along the Atlantic seaboard with its sparkling white beaches and along the Twelve Apostles mountain range, to Hout Bay. There is the option of taking a half hour boat trip to a Cape Fur Seal colony. Then you’ll continue along Chapman’s Peak Drive, renowned as one of the most spectacular scenic routes in the world.
- We reach the Cape Point Nature Reserve, the tip of the Cape Peninsula with its captivating scenery and fascinating history. Here we walk or take the funicular to the Cape Point Lighthouse, standing at 249m above sea level, from where we enjoy spectacular views in a 360 perspective. Next to Cape Point is the Cape of Good Hope, south - western most point of Africa. It is here that you will find a very special photo opportunity.
- We enjoy lunch along the way at one of Cape Town’s many wonderful restaurants with great views of the ocean. In the months of July till November we may be lucky to spot Southern Right Whales close inshore.
- The return journey to Cape Town takes you along False Bay coast with the option of visiting the colony of rare African Penguins at Boulders Beach. You’ll pass through the naval village of Simon’s Town and the coastal suburbs of Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay and Muizenberg, as well as through the leafy wine region of Constantia.
- If time permits you’ll visit the world-famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- At around 5.30pm we return you to your Cape Town Hotel or Guest House.
Let Africa get under your skin. Travel with us.
God spent a great deal more time creating South Africa. He gave Cape Town two oceans and a mountain – no city can compare.” - Archbishop Desmond Tutu